<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Good times.

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

A few more notes arrived from the doctors and nurses before the close of work today. Looks like December 1st is the start date for proton radiation. If anything changes it will most likely start sooner.

Very relieved to have such synchronization between Delaney and Demetri. There are a few question marks but for the most part this is an easy decision. Radiation therapy could be the most effective and easiest to tolerate. I'd start this week if I could. Since I can't I'll use the time to tie up loose ends.

Greg and Alessia asked what role family and friends would play during treatment. The short response is: the same role you've been playing. This blog wasn't intended as a substitute for other contact. If you have questions/comments/concerns I don't mind phonecalls or e-mails. I only hoped this would provide a homebase. The goal during any treatment is quality of life. I hope it'll be business as usual for the next two months.

The longer response is: get ready for the worst. Get ready for the best. Get ready for the in-between. Nail-biting is poor strategy. Use the time now to deal with your questions. We really don't know what treatment will do. It's best not to expect anything in particular. Get comfortable with not knowing.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?