<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Good times.

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Notes from MGH's stage production of Kafka's Der Prozess:

Pre-admission for surgery. At the front desk I'm told I have to go to Admissions first, before I can register at Pre-Admissions. The two departments are 50 yards from each other. At Admissions they tell me I can go back to Pre-Admissions without seeing them. Back at Pre-Admissions the nurse says I have to go to Admissions first, really. I walk back to Admissions and this time Admissions precedes Pre-Admissions.

"Which procedure are you here for, Mr. Smither?"
"I'm here for two. An angiogram on Thursday and the surgery on Friday."
"Which one's first?"
"Excuse me?"
"Which one will you be having first?"
"The angiogram on Thursday is first."
"Ok, then. The angiogram on Thursday is before the surgery on Friday?"
"Correct."
"Thank you, Mr. Smither. Have a seat and somebody will be with you shortly."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?